Sunday 26 June 2011

Why bother to blog about Apex?

For a long time I have been thinking about blogging about Apex. Some of my colleagues had asked when I was going to start blogging. I guess it always seemed to me that maintaining a blog would be quite a commitment and very time consuming. On this point, I am not wrong.

But, there is another side to the story. As an Apex developer, I have used blogs extensively to solve problems, discover new ways of doing things and to learn about new functionality. Almost every day I read an Apex blog of some sort and learn something new. I have relied heavily on blogsaj and found them to be a critical resource.

So, if I use blogs for learning, how can I sit back and not contribute to the community and share those things that I myself am learning.

And, there is another reason I have started to blog. I am an Apex enthusiast and where I live  and consult (South Africa), there is still limited use of Application Express. This is because there is a limited development community here that is using and promoting Apex. What better way to promote the tool than to become involved in sharing information about its capabilities.

So, to blog or not to blog? The answer seems clear..... and here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment